Welcome to 6th Finntriathlon Vanajanlinna!
Place and time: On Saturday 8th June 2019 starting at 10.00. Vanajanlinna (Vanajanlinnantie 485, 13330 Harviala, Hämeenlinna). There will be 3 start groups.
Groups: Female/Male: Elite. Female/Male agegroups: 18-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50- 54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75+
Distances: swim 750M, bike 20KM, run 5KM (note: drafting is allowed, so NO triathlon bikes!)
Prizes: Top 3 female/male elite will be rewarded and winner of each age group (non -monetary prize).
Courses: swimming is one lap in Katumajärvi. Estimated water temperature in June is 15-18 Celsius. Bike course is quite flat but technical out and back -course. One lap is 5kms. Note, that drafting is allowed also in age groups! Running lap is 2,5kms.
Supersprint: Super Sprint Race for beginners and those who want to try triathlon. Distances are swim 200m, bike 10km and run 2,5km. No awards, just pure joy of triathlon. You can have any kind of bike other than motorized or tri bike.
Schedule on Saturday 8th June (changes possible)
- 8-16 Race office open, Juhlapaviljonki
- 9- 16.30 Transition Area open (bike check-in 9-9.45, 11-11.45 and 13-13.45)
- 8.30 Race briefing start 1 and start 2., Juhlapaviljonki
- 10.00 Start 1
- 10.02 Start 2
- 10.30 Race briefing start 3 and start 4, Juhlapaviljonki
- 11.30-17.30 Saunas available for athletes
- 12.00 Start 3
- 12.02 Start 4
- 12 – 17 After race meal, Juhlasali
- 12.30 Prize giving ceremony for starts 1 & 2.
- 12.30 Race Briefing start 5 and start 6, Juhlapaviljonki
- 14.00 Start 5
- 14.08 Start 6
- 14.30 Prize giving ceremony for starts 3 & 4 @Finish line
- 15.15 Prize giving ceremony for starts 5 & 6 @Finish line
Ask for race briefing in english at race office!
Registration fees sprint/supersprint:
- 1.9. – 31.12.2018 80€/60€
- 1.1. – 31.3.2019 90€/70€
- 1.4. – 3.6.2019 95€/75€
Registration fee includes: Race info, race timing, closed to traffic and safe cycling routes, swimming cap, race number, accessory bag, service on the course, (energy drink etc), sauna after race, comprehensive catering after finish.
Withdrawal and transfer policy: Registration fee is not refundable.
Cancellation Insurance: You can buy Cancellation Insurance (30€) as additional service when you do the registration. You can buy one insurance for each race you register in. With Cancellation Insurance you can
- get your registration fee back 100% if you withdraw 36 hours before the scheduled race
- transfer your registration to another person within registration period
- transfer your registration to another Finntriathlon 2019 event within registration limits. If you transfer to higher priced event, you must pay the difference. In case of transferring to lower priced event the difference will be refunded.
License and rules: License not required. The organizer is not responsible for competitor insurances. The competition complies with the Finnish Triathlon Union competition rules and the Finnish Road Traffic Act, unless different instructions have been given. Minors must have parental permission to participate in the competition, as well as the participant will be able to swim for 750meters.
Registeration: Registeration for all groups ends on 3.6.2019 at 24.00.
Participant limits: Finntriathlon Vanajanlinna 500 slots.
In case of sold out event, you can register to the waiting list by email: send email to [email protected] – tell us that you would like to register to Finntriathlon Vanajanlinna and leave your contact info. (name, email)
When the cancellation place opens for you, we will send you a registeration message by email.
If there is anything to ask. Please, do not hesitate to email us: [email protected]