SPORTYFEEL FINNTRIATHLON TAHKO 10th-11th August 2019
RACE INFO – FULL, HALF AND ”SAVO OLYMPIC” DISTANCE
- 18.00-20.00 Race Office open, Tahko Spa
- 12.00-22.00 Race Office open, Tahko Spa
- 12.00-22.00 Expo, at Piazza
- 17.30 Kids Triathlon, race info at venue site
- 18.00 Kids Triathlon at Tahkolahti
- Race briefings in finnish at 19.00 & 20.00 Tahko Spa
- 8.00-10.00 Race Office open, Tahko Spa
- 8.00-20.00 Info-point at Piazza
- 8.00-21.00 Expo at Piazza
- 12.00-24.00 After race meal at Sokos-hotel
- Showers at Sokos Hotel
- 24.00 Finish line closes, Piazza After Party starts from 21.00 on, free access with wristband
|Full distance||Half distance||”Savo Olympic”|
|Athlete registration at race office at latest|| |
Friday at 22.00
Saturday at 9.00
Saturday at 10.00
|Bike and bags check in times (on Sat only)|| |
|Warm up swim||7.30-7.45||10.30-10.45||11.30-11.45|
|Start||8.00||11.00 ja 11.05||12.00|
|First athletes at finish line|| |
|Bike and bags check out times|| |
- 11.00 Prize giving ceremonies at Sokos hotel, up stairs
License and antidoping: You don’t need license. All athletes must accept rules of Finnish Triathlon Association, national Antidoping Agency and traffic rules. Every athlete takes care of his/her own insurance. To recieve prize money, you must follow rules of National Antidoping Agency.
Registration Fees 2019
Kid Triathlon is free of charge, registration dead line Monday 5.8. at 24pm
Full distance, individual/team relay
- 1.9. – 31.12.2018 220€ / 280€
- 1.1. – 31.3.2019 230€ / 290€
- 1.4. – 31.5.2019 235€ / 300€
- 1.6.-5.8.2019 240€ / 310€
Half distance, individual/team relay
- 1.9. – 31.12.2018 140€ / 200€
- 1.1. – 31.3.2019 150€ / 210€
- 1.4. – 31.5.2019 155€ / 220€
- 1.6.-5.8.2019 160€ / 230€
“Savo Olympic”, individual/team relay
- 1.9. – 31.12.2018 90€ / 150€
- 1.1. – 31.3.2019 10€ / 160€
- 1.4. – 31.5.2019 105€ / 170€
- 1.6.-5.8.2019 110€ / 180€
Piazza (Sääskiniementie 560, 73310 Tahkovuori): Start and finish area, Sokos hotel (meal & prize giving), Expo, First Aid, After Race Party
Tahko Spa (Keitaankatu 1, 73310 Tahkovuori): Race office, race briefing
Tahkolahti (Tahkolahdentie 57, Tahkovuori): T1-T2 area and Kid’s Triathlon
BEFORE THE RACE
Ensure your participation in person in the Race Office, located at Tahko Spa, main entrance. Opening times are:
- on Thursday 8th Aug 18.00 – 20.00
- on Friday 9th Aug 12.00 – 22.00
- on Saturday 10th Aug 8.00-10.00
Check your race number from the start list before entering the check in desk. Bring your ID, that will be checked at the desk!
When you check-in, you’ll receive:
- Swim cap
- Race number
- Tattoo with your race number
- Sheet of stickers for bike, helmet and transition bags
- Timing tag
- Elastic band and safety pins
- 3 bags: PINK for bike gears, GREEN for run gears and BLACK for your warm up clothes
You have to wear the wristband during race weekend. You have access to transition areas, finish line, after race meal, party and gear check out only with wristband!
Race briefing in English upon request, ask at race office
Bike and run gear check-in
Before check-in attach the stickers: on to your bike, 2 to your helmet and 1 stickers to each bag.
Attach the tattoos to your both arms.
Race number: write to other side of race number following information: contact person and his/her mobile phone number. This is if something happens to you during the race.
Bike and bags check-in time is on Saturday 10th Aug 6.00-7.00 (full), 8.00-10.00 (half) and 10.00-11.00 (Savo Olympic) .
Put your run gear (shoes, cap, gels, socks etc) to GREEN transition bag you got from race office. Put one of the stickers to the bag and place it to your numbered place in T1-2 -area.
When you arrive to T1-area, you’ll go through bike check-in (brakes, helmet and aerobars will be inspected). Please, be on time, there might be some queue. Take your bike to numbered place. Only bike shoes can be fastened to pedals, all other equipment must be in your numbered PINK bag There are racks for these bags in transition zone. Also places for bags are numbered.
- Place the timing chip on your left ankle
- Leave the BLACK bag (including your extra clothes & gear) in Piazza
- Warm up swimming on the left side of the bridge
- Swim start: is a mass start form deep water
- For safety reasons: enter water from the bridge and choose your swim start position carefully. If you know you are slower swimmer, place yourself behind the faster swimmers.
- Swimming is two (2) lap course (full) and one (1) lap (half and Savo Olympic) and all the buoys should stay on your left side. Once you have swum lap(s), you swim under the bridge and head to T1 -area.
- After swim exit you find the bags area.
- Take your equipment out of the bag and put your wetsuit and swimming goggles in the bag, close the bag and take it to marked place.
- Go to your bike. You have to push the bike till white start line where you can start pedalling
- Don’t wear race number under your wetsuit
- Bike course has four (4) laps in full distance, two (2) laps in half distance and one (1) lap in Savo Olympic distance, see map. Laps number 2-4 will start straight, not biking to T-area
- During bike your race number have to be on your back side
- Drafting is NOT allowed, no slipstreaming. Drafting zone is 10m. Penalties will be 1. Warning, 2. Stop-and-go, 3. 5min penalty and 4. disqualification
- When you enter T2 bike drop off zone: you have to stop biking before the white line on the ground and put your bike numbered place. After that you can take your helmet off and continue to bags area to pick up your running gear bag. Change your running equipment and put your bike helmet & shoes etc to your bag
- Please ensure that your race number is in your front.
- Run course consists of 800m transfer from T1 to Piazza/finish line area and lap of 10,3kms.
- Full distance: 4 laps, half distance: 2 laps and savo Olympic: one lap.
- Running course is very well marked with signs, white painting and fences
- After last lap you run towards finish line which is located at Piazza square.
- Official cut off time is 24.00
AFTER FINISH LINE:
- return timing tag to volunteers in the finish line area. Remember: there is penalty fee (30€) if you don’t return the tag.
- if you didn’t finish the race, contact volunteers on race course or at Piazza Info point and return your tag.
- You’ll receive your Finisher T-shirt after finish line
- After race meal in Sokos hotel, very close to finish line (with wristband)
- Pick up your bike and bags from T1-2 -area after race.
- Showers and sauna are at Sokos Hotel.
- Equipment bags (Green and Pink) and bikes can be checked out after 15.00 (savo Olympic), after 16.00 (half) and after 17.00 (full). Wear your bracelet!! BLACK bags are available right after finish line in Piazza.
- After Race Party at Piazza, doors open at 21.00, free entrance with wristband.
- Awards ceremony is on Sunday 6th Aug at 11.00 in Sokos Hotel
OFFICIAL SERVICE POINTS:
- Piazza (before start): water, sport drink (served in cup)
- After swim: water and sport drink in cups
- Bike, Aid station 1: sport drink and water served in bike bottles
- Bike, Aid station 2: sport drink and water served in bike bottles + banana
- Run, Aid Station 3: sport drink, water (served in cups) and orange, salt, and energy gel
- Run, Aid Station 4: sport drink and water (served in cups), salt, and energy gel and cola
- Run, Aid Station 5: sport drink and water ( served in cups), banana, salt and energy gel
Note: run aid station 3 will be passed once during lap, but aid stations 4 and 5 twice during one lap.
Sport drink is Sportyfeel, lemon 5%
Energy gels: Sportyfeel, caffeine free kiwi-orange and raspberry-black currant
Personal support is allowed only during running at marked area at Piazza. NO Personal support during biking!
Throwing away bike bottles: only at Service Point area, will be marked with signs. You’ll get 5 min penalty if you throw away your bottles somewhere else.
- T 1-2 -area
- Bike Aid Station
- Run Aid Stations
Finntriathlon Tahko is NON DRAFTING RACE. Means that drafting is NOT allowed in any category. The exact drafting rules will be told in Race Briefing.
- Warning (you hear whistle)
- 5min penalty (yellow card)
- Disqualification (red card)
Penalty box is located at Bike turning point.
If there is anything to ask. Please, do not hesitate to email us: [email protected]